March is National Nutrition Month!
Celebrate by finding a your healthy eating style and maintaining it for a lifetime!
- Eat more whole grains!
- Make half your grains whole grains! Choose grains such as brown rice or oats.
- Aim for five servings of fruits and vegetables
- Start strong! Make a smoothie with bananas, blueberries and greek yogurt! That's about two servings.
- Taste your food before you add salt!
- Try to eat fresh fruits and vegetables when possible, they are naturally low in sodium
- Choose healthy fats, such as olive oil, nuts or avocados.
Strive to make healthier choices in 2016
- Set family meal times
- Plan regular family dinners, let the kids help prepare the meal.
- Drink more water
- Aim to drink 8 glasses of water a day! Try bringing a water bottle to work.
- Make healthy snacks!
- Combine foods from different food groups for an ideal snack. Try apples and peanut butter or cheese with whole grain crackers!
- Get active!
- Adults should be active for 30 minutes daily.
Looking for more information about how to eat healthy?
Tip sheets on this webpage were created by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. For more information on National Nutrition Month or the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics please visit www.eatright.org.